Our irregular shaped natural stone pieces are crystalline in structure so cutting precisely may take time to master—for best results, use a wheeled porcelain nipper such as our Rubi nippers; other wheeled cutters may be used but the wheels will need changing more frequently.
Always seal BEFORE grouting as coloured grout may stain the tesserae. Sealing methods:
- Soak in a 4:1 mix of water and any pva glue, or
- Beeswax, or
- Non-staining furniture polish
True colour will show after sealing.
Please read my blog on using the stone for further information and instruction.
Due to the irregularity in shapes and sizes, numbers per pack will vary.
Sold in 100g and 500g packs (approx 4-8pcs and 20-40pcs)
- Large irregular shapes
- Sizes range from approx 60mm x 50mm to 80mm x 60mm
- 8mm thick
- Natural stone and marble
- Machine-cut and -tumbled
- Variation across batches & pieces
- Porous surface—should be sealed
- UVA-resistant when sealed
- Frost-resistant when sealed